Pinnacle Sports Accident Protection Review

Guest's review of Pinnacle Sports Accident Protection www.pinnacle.co.uk

“Avoid Cardif Pinnacle at all costs. To give you some...”

Written on: 09/10/2009

Avoid Cardif Pinnacle at all costs. To give you some background I am a self employed drilling materials co-ordinator working in the North Sea on the oilrigs therefore I took on a policy to cover Accident, Sickness & Unemployment back in December 2004. Everything was fine, Pinnacle was getting monthly payments, I was or thought I was covered then came the recession and the oil companies stopped drilling, my contract came to an end and I was forced to seek Job Seekers Allowance and suspend my company. I got Pinnacles claim form filled in including the bit from my accountant and the Job Centre and submitted it. A few days later I got a letter from Pinnacle asking for six months bank statements and confirmation that the accounts to cessate the business have been prepared and submitted to the HM Revenue & Customs. After several phone calls to explain this the outcome is that Pinnacle want my business total shut down, including the bank account before any claim can progress. I tried to explain that by closing down the business completely makes me unemployable in my trade as I work contracts with oil & gas operators and not one day jobs here and there. Needless to say this does not concern Pinnacle and I have now been forced to ditch Pinnacle and lose all the monies paid to them.

Have you made a claim?