Fred Olsen Cruises, Balmoral Review

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Jaycee60's review of Fred Olsen Cruises, Balmoral

“This was our 2nd cruise on the Balmoral. What a ship,...”

Written on: 08/10/2009 by Jaycee60 (1 review written)

This was our 2nd cruise on the Balmoral. What a ship, what an atmosphere, just luxury. Now let me begin by saying my husband and I are not retired we're just hitting our 50th year and although the other clientel on board were 95% retired we had a wonderful time. We've had all the holidays with the children, now its our turn. I thought we blended in pretty well we had a couple of remarks "aren't you a bit young to be cruising" but no we loved it evenmore. The atmosphere was relaxed, there wasn't loud music in cabins, there wasn't children running round the corridors or the decks and there was room in the pool to swim. We participated in the gym, sauna, spa, bingo, quiz, library, games/card room, british night, cowboy night. They put it on, we joined in. The staff were wonderful,they couldn't do enough for you the food was great and the shore trips were well organised although driving through St Petersburg on a Sun took ages so only got 75 mins on the souvenir trip. The Cpt kept us up to date with proceedings twice a day. The scenery going into Stockholm was fantastic and the Kiel Canal was lovely. Estonia you must see. Leaving travemunde was sad though, such a lovely place and a great send off from the quayside. On board we had a rum punch party on the pool deck with a great band of musicians. I highly recommend this trip if you want to see 7 major culture cities. FRED OLSEN CRUISES ARE BRILL. Must book the next one soon.

• Sept 09