Black Horse Loans www.blackhorse.co.uk Review

• Speed of Application

Guest's review of Black Horse Loans www.blackhorse.co.uk

“Very poor company to deal with! The staff are very...”

Written on: 06/10/2009

Very poor company to deal with! The staff are very helpful and friendly but they are hiding a very dodgy company behind them.

I was recently searching for a personal loan, i had used Experian beforehand to check my credit score was good enough to apply for a loan, to which it came back "Good" almost "Excellent", so i applied to Blackhorse after seeing the 8.7%APR on the website.

After speaking to someone on the phone and being "approved" i was invited to my local office to sort out the paperwork. I arrived and was then told that the interest rate was now 29.9%, and then after 30mins was told that i had been declined. Fair enough, times are tough and loans are hard to come by.

I left feeling a bit rejected, but to be honest i felt it had turned out for the best as i was a bit suspect of the company.

However, i checked my credit report that night on Experian only to find they had carried out 5 credit checks on my account over 2 days!! The result? My credit score dropped by 210 points!! Im now in the "Fair" catagory as a result of this.

Im now sitting with no loan, a severely dented credit score and i am extremely angry with Blackhorse finance.

I hope my experience will put people off dealing with Blackhorse finance. They are very nice and helpful on the phone and the staff are great, but if you at all value your credit score steer well clear of this joke company!

• 29.9