Island of Symi, Captain's Hotel - Yialos Review

hotelcritic5's review of Island of Symi, Captain's Hotel - Yialos

“Me and my brother decided to go on a holiday together...”

Written on: 24/08/2009 by hotelcritic5 (1 review written)

Me and my brother decided to go on a holiday together with our families. And what better place to go than the land of our ancestors. Or so we thought. We had booked two rooms with four beds each at CAPTAINS APTS -YIALOS-SYMI. Finally, when we arrived, he gave us one with four beds, as agreed, and another one with three beds, in which he added a camp bed. The room was dark, gloomy, the tub was flooded, the refrigerator door was broken, the ceiling was so low that we had to bend if we wanted to go to the toilet (my daughter hit her head twice!). When we complained about the condition of the rooms he provided us, he started insulting us, refusing to give us back our money. After all the prize was ridiculously expensive (120 Euros each!). For two hours we stayed on the road arguing with the so said "kind" gentleman. Meanwhile, my nephews and my own children, were watching us fighting. They like totally ruined our joyous mood and our whole vacation trip.

To anyone who would like to visit Symi, I suggest he avoids making contact with the CAPTAIN'S Hotel.