Canon F-1N Review

• Photograph Quality

dorsetdave's review of Canon F-1N

“Some years ago I purchased an original F1 to...”

Written on: 21/08/2009 by dorsetdave (4 reviews written)

Some years ago I purchased an original F1 to compliment my A1. The A1 is sadly long gone, a victim of damp penetration under the pentaprism. I sold my F1 a year back by which time I had bought a secondhand Canon F-1N. The F-1N is a truly superb machine. I have since bought a motordrive (for less than £70) that gives me aperture priority automation now. The quality of construction is what amazes me. They really are Rolls Royce quality. No flimsy plastic bits, removing the base covers to attach the motordrive gives you glimpses of the quality that lies beneath. The drive adds balance as well as giving you a conveniently placed shutter release when composing vertical shots. OK, cameras of this ilk are dinosaurs these days but they are quality items. After all, what would you rather listen to music on - your iPod or a Linn LP12?

• Over 1 Year

Time Camera Owned

• Photograph Quality

Superdingo's Response to dorsetdave's Review

Written on: 27/12/2010

Just one comment, adding the motordrive provides shutter priority AE not aperture priority AE