8 The Glade, Penstowe Park, Kilkhampton, Bude Review

Guest's review of 8 The Glade, Penstowe Park, Kilkhampton, Bude

“8 The Glade, Kilkhampton, Bude on Penstowe park ”

Written on: 19/08/2009

8 The Glade, Kilkhampton, Bude on Penstowe park

Disgusting, it smells of damp and is so out of date I felt as if I had stepped back into the 70's or had moved into my great grandmas old unkempt place. The toilet had come away from the floor it was so damp, yellow drip marks were hanging from the wooden door frames it was so damp, and I was in fear of my poor animals lungs it was so damp. Yuk I dreaded coming back to it at the end of the day. The main bed was bad, springs were digging into my ribs and once I had found that perfect place between my ribs for the spring to go where it was not digging in any more god forbid I should have to turn over or move in the night as the challenge of re positioning those springs would start all over again, and should your partner decide to move in the night you WILL know about it. Not very impressed

Penstowe Park, Kilkhampton Bude

The staff are fun and really do try, but the park is very run down, the tennis court is falling apart and would be considered dangerous in my opinion, the play area is very run down and again I would not really let kids play around it. The evening entertainment was fun and a good laugh. The penny machines were and arcade games were not much to write home about and there is no one watching the kids there, I felt very unsafe in this so called family environment as there was no staff to look out for these younger kids and when the staff were told about an incident with my daughter and some older kids being nasty not much was done at all. we decided to avoid it and not let them ruin our holiday however it was not the best situation and did get in the way of the kids fun and enjoyment, they need more security staff.