Shanna Melville Bridal Couture Review

BVFB's review of Shanna Melville Bridal Couture

“This is a GEM of advice for ALL brides looking in...”

Written on: 06/08/2009 by BVFB (1 review written)

This is a GEM of advice for ALL brides looking in London, or who can make it to London. Review of Shanna Melville Bridal Couture, Wimbledon Village

Having trapsed round every wedding shop I knew of in Central London (first stop was Castigliano - very pushy indeed which put me right off!), I cannot stress enough how incredible my entire Wedding Dress experience was the minute I embarked upon a journey with Shanna Melville.

I am known for being meticulous when deciding on a such a special fashion acquisition - a problem made only harder by having worked in fashion and having fairly fixed ideas of what my dream dress would look like. With the exception of Castigliano (outstanding quality and workmanship), most of the wedding dress samples I tried on in Knightsbridge, Fulham, Wimbledon etc. were dirty/torn, had clumsy seaming and bulky bodywork and their prices did not reflect the finished products which lacked that 'wow' factor.

My last stop was Shanna Melville who had me at the first sample they showed me. They have worked extensively with 2 of London's Elite Bridal Designers, one of which I had visited but e/thing I didn't like re their collection, they had perfected outstandingly. Shanna Melville is affordable couture at it's very best.

Shanna has the most incredible attention to detail; artistic and creative flair; dedication and passion in her work; patience(!); and above all the ability to make your dreams come true!

We immediately sat down and together designed my dream dress for a fraction of the price of any I had seen previously. The fabrics are stunningly high quality and she can offer an array of different qualities and tones to suit all budgets. The workmanship is second to none that I had come across and the personal service that she endeavoured to provide was simply Saintly! We had only 4-5 fittings from beginning to end and at every fitting, we tweaked the design to make it more and more perfect as we went. At one point, I wanted to make a fairly dramatic change to the design and we discussed it together, agreed and Shanna obliged. They also made the longest train most of my guests had ever seen at a non-royal wedding and it looked STUNNING! I would recommend Shanna Melville Bridal Couture to anyone any time. They are a genious and a hidden talent... my advice would be to go and see them before they goes International - it's just a matter of time!