Maplin Electronics www.maplin.co.uk Review

AWG's review of Maplin Electronics www.maplin.co.uk

“My review here is not about delivery from Maplins...”

Written on: 18/07/2009 by AWG (48 reviews written)

My review here is not about delivery from Maplins Website but the service offered at Maplins Store, Oxford Road, Manchester.

I purchased a Moving Display Sign from this store and was offered a double deal on batteries which I accepted. When i got home I realised the batteries they had given me were the wrong size. I phoned the store and was told this was the battery size listed on computer and sorry for the mistake. I was advised to "call in anytime" and they will change them.

As it is I am a 30 minute train journey out of Manchester and do not visit that often. I suggested they send me new batteries via the post and enclose a postage paid return bag so I could give them back the incorrect ones. The shop agreed on this course of action.

So the batteries don't arrive, we phone the shop twice without any satisfaction. We e-mail Customer Support twice without even a reply. I end up buying batteries from Sainsburys and am out of pocket on the incorrect Maplins batteries.

Well sorry Maplins, but this is 2009. Business is tight and the web is full of people who will go the extra 100 miles to not only satisfy customers but to also even thank them for business, even on the smallest and cheapest items.

Maplins service belongs in the past. The conduct of the Manchester Oxford Road Maplins Shop belongs in the past too.

• £49.99 Moving Display Sign