Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDDi 115 LX 5dr Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

keretakulawa's review of Ford Mondeo 2.0 TDDi 115 LX 5dr

“Have been driving Japanese car all my life and wanted...”

Written on: 24/06/2009 by keretakulawa (1 review written)

Fun to drive
Good for a family car
Good fuel to milage ratio (I filled mine to full and last for 10 days ... covers 600km)
The air con is fantastic

To change the drive belt you need to change the expensive pulleys and tensioners. Expensive ....
Brake pads tends to wear fast
For literature, there is a need to change the flywheel too ... I know I will

General Comments
Have been driving Japanese car all my life and wanted a change for once an bought a brand new Ford Mondeo Estate (2003). In terms of comfort, you can beat the mondeo. Mine is fully serviced by the dealer throughout these years hoping to keep it until it reaches its 20th B'day ... wishful thinking ... now I know.

2005 (43 000 km)- The crankshaft pully failed. Since Mondeo are designed for cold countries (mine is hot), the design of the pully was rubbish for this country. Got it changed to a revised crankshaft pully (the dealer said it)

2008 had my major headache. The Engine mounting fell at 83 000 km (the screw holding the mounting sheared) and hit the RHS Drive Shaft. I need to change the whole drive shaft. There were indication that something was wrong when I turned the steering wheel ... and thought the gaiter needs replacement. Have told the dealer numerous time ... and they cant find the source of the problem. Not only I have to change the Drive shaft system, but also the tensioner, beltings etc.

2009 (93 000 km). The crankshaft pully failed ... again. What the heck is going on? Now the dealer is saying that the flywheel, clutch sleeve and one other thing need to be replace. OMG ... I have with me a 21 years old Pajero and 18 years old Honda prelude and the flywheel are still intact.

I initially wanted to by Ford Transit after selling my Mondeo. Looks like I will have to switch to the reliable japanese car again.

Hey ... don't get me wrong. I love my mondeo. Ford engines are reliable but not the other parts.

• 2004