La Redoute www.redoute.co.uk Review

flower88's review of La Redoute www.redoute.co.uk

☆☆☆☆☆

“Unfortunately, my experience of la redoute had been...”

Written on: 27/05/2009 by flower88 (1 review written)

My mother rates the quality of these clothes.
After speaking to customer services, you are given a chance to rate the service from 1-5. Hopefully they will soon get the message.

Customer service is terrible at La Redoute, even their advisors think so.
Lengthy delivery time, I expect my items may arrive in 2 weeks. No next day delivery.
The first order you make must be delivered to your home. Like most people, I have a life so am not in the house 24/7.

General Comments
Unfortunately, my experience of la redoute had been abysmal. Having ordered my items, i discovered a discount code in the small print of he site to be entered upon checkout in order to receive 25% discount on my shopping. Naturally I wanted the discount, but in order to amend my booking, i needed a customer number to log in. This unconventional concept is clearly not a good one - i later discovered you do not receive the customer number until 2 days after placing your first order. So i called the help-line to find out i needed this customer number to speak to an advisor. I managed to speak to one by claiming i was a new customer. The advisor told me i would need to wait between 2 and 8 working days to make an amendment to the order, let alone receive it! I am going on holiday next week, i doubt the clothes will arrive by then.
I have some advice for La Redoute management - 1) speed up delivery times - no one is pleased to wait weeks for their order, 2) eliminate customer number log in - they are unnecessary and the simple email log in is much more functional. 3) make discounts easily visible - otherwise the combination of not being able to amend your order, or login for days after having placed it makes the system seem conniving.

• clothes

• Still waiting