The Lemon Tree, Colchester Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Guest's review of The Lemon Tree, Colchester

“We visited The Lemon Tree, Colchester, on Friday...”

Written on: 19/05/2009

I am so sorry but I am struggling to find any decent things to say - apart from the wine was chilled correctly but then they had to get something right really eh!

Too many to mention

General Comments
We visited The Lemon Tree, Colchester, on Friday evening and found it to be half full so expected really good service. How wrong we were - it took ages in between the starters and main and despite asking twice if it was coming out we were still left to wait a very long time. All of the party felt full by the time the mains arrived and as a result we would not be heading there again in a hurry. Also the deserts are all very overpriced and we all agreed they were brought from a shop rather than being homecooked as suggested. The place looks great inside and its just a great shame that it totally failed to live up to anywhere near its reputation! Hey Lemon Tree Owners - I think the local Institute does a good catering course maybe you could go on it! Something needs to change I'm afraid!

• British

Food Type

• Once or twice a year

How often do you eat here?

• Lively