Poland, Auschwitz, www.auschwitz.org.pl Review

Donna1234's review of Poland, Auschwitz, www.auschwitz.org.pl

“Yes, I agree with everyone else. Auschwitz is a place...”

Written on: 15/05/2009 by Donna1234 (2 reviews written)

It brings it all home to you. This was not some made up event we have been brought up on or read about in books. It was real and a visit here provokes much thought and contemplation.

none really. It is not commercial ...it is very ordinary and the faces on the captive prisoners said it all. How could this have ever happened?

General Comments
Yes, I agree with everyone else. Auschwitz is a place to go not only to learn about our history but to sit and feel compassion for the multitude of ordinary people who lost their lives here. It is good also to pay one's respects and to pray that such atrocities never happen again. It is such an ordinary place, beautifully set with woodland to the rear - how could such terrible things happen here. Evil lies in people not in places. May we never forget.

Madeleine6723's Response to Donna1234's Review

Written on: 21/07/2014

I agree with you too. When I was a child my father took me to Auschwitz. It was powerful experience of my life. I saw what people can do each other, everything what I saw was terrible. I didn't believe, I looked to Nazi Concentration Camp, and .... something changed in me.