NCL Cruises, Norwegian Jewel Review

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

cruiser0125's review of NCL Cruises, Norwegian Jewel

“I have just returned from a Baltic cruise on the...”

Written on: 11/05/2009 by cruiser0125 (1 review written)

The Norwegian Jewel was very clean & comfortable. We did have the dreaded virus but I think this is common to most cruise lines these days & is not the fault of the cruise company. Our cabin was roomy & the cabin staff were very friendly & helpful, as were all the staff on board. The disembarkment was better than on other lines as you can choose your own time & not be told when you have to leave.

The service charge that is automatically added is outrageous. The drinks are very expensive compared to other lines I've sailed with,plus the fact that 15% is added to every drink for 'your convenience'???? Very few people were drinking. I feel that if this line is going to sail out of Dover then it should cater more for the British. Everything was in dollars - the exchange rate being very unreasonable - the food was geared for the Americans & was nondescript & monotonous. Of the 12 restaurants on board 8 had a cover charge to dine there.

General Comments
I have just returned from a Baltic cruise on the Norwegian Jewel (May 10th 2009) .It is the first time I've sailed with this line & I got a very good last minute deal on the price. That is the reason I took the cruise. I saw some very spectacular places for a fraction of the price of other cruise lines.

• April 2009

Date of Cruise