Seagate FreeAgent Go 120GB Review

panda1's review of Seagate FreeAgent Go 120GB

“I needed a large capacity external hard disk drive and...”

Written on: 16/04/2009 by panda1 (27 reviews written)

eSata cable not included

General Comments
I needed a large capacity external hard disk drive and the Seagate FreeAgent Go 120GB delivers with no problems. Very simple to hook up, AC power brick and the USB connector and I'm in business right out of the box as you would expect. Install the software from the drive and configure the few options like duration the drive spins before shutting down without activity, I set it to the minimum 3 minutes. The other option have lights on drive on to indicate it working or not.. I set that option to off and not be bothered by the lights. Seagate offers an image backup utility off their website. I downloaded it, installed it only to find out it only would work with Seagate drives, so I made image backups of my laptop hard drive using Acronis True Image Home. I didn't bother using the lock slot to have it standing up and risk having it fall over, have the drive laying flat.

• 1 - 6 Months