Vespa GTS 300 SUPER Review

4.8

TigerTim's review of Vespa GTS 300 SUPER

“As soon as my local Vespa dealership got hold of one...”

written by TigerTim on 13/04/2009

Great styling. Superb acceleration. Comfortable ride.

Lack of weather protection. Small seat space for pillion.

General Comments
As soon as my local Vespa dealership got hold of one of the new Vespa 300's, I went down to have a look and take it for a little spin. I was very impressed with the majority that the bike had to offer.

The GTS 300 retains a similar classic look to the existing 250 (minus to the luggage rack) with the addition of black alloy wheels which add a sporty touch. The acceleration and torque is superb and the 22bhp engine makes this lethal in the city due to the small chassis! Like all modern Vespa's, the handling in the city is fantastic and the extra power also comes in useful.

I also took the bike onto some faster roads. Getting to higher speeds was not a problem at all and for a Vespa I thought it felt quite sturdy. If there is a bad point, it may be the lack of weather protection for the rider. However, this could be overcome by a screen on the front above the dash.

Overall, a very good Vespa. However, I couldn't help thinking that I would like it as a "play-thing" in addition to my normal bike.