Dell P1130 Review

• Quality

Guest's review of Dell P1130

“I had very bad monitor 17" CRT and I decided to buy a...”

Written on: 07/04/2009

Size, picture quality, built quality, price, less eye strain than cheap 17" CRTs

There's nothing bad about the monitor just two little things:
1. The Trinitron wires may sometimes on a white background disturb someone, but I rarely notice them.
2. The Midnight Gray color is nice but I would prefer Black color.

General Comments
I had very bad monitor 17" CRT and I decided to buy a new one. I wanted 22" or 24" LCD but let's face it CRT is better than LCD so I looked at the DELL P1130 which was second hand monitor used for 5 years and imported from USA. At first I tough that it will be too big and would cause much more eye strain than the low quality 17" CRT but I bought it anyway for $70. When I got home the first thing I did, measured the weight and it was 30.5Kg :-D later when the monitor has warmed up and I tuned it (contrast, brightness, picture size and position, etc.) I was very surprised how clear and sharp the picture was. Now I own the monitor for a year and it's the best monitor I've ever had. If I need to buy another monitor I would buy this one again (or some better 22" CRT). Very cheap and very good, high quality, exceedes expectations, and it has a nice design :-)

• Quality

Guest's Comment

Written on: 16/04/2012

I have this monitor for more than TEN years and recently I connected it to my 5 year old xbox360 and learned that it is capable for FULLHD 1080 P which is 1920x1080 NON interlaced.

There is No need for a HDMI cable.

Allthought the monitor is capable of 100Hz the xbox maxes out at 60Hz.