Sennheiser HD 25 SP Review

• Sound Quality

• Comfort Level

nickmaymusic's review of Sennheiser HD 25 SP

“A brilliant set of headphones!”

Written on: 26/03/2009 by nickmaymusic (2 reviews written)

A brilliant set of headphones!
I bought these to replace my Sennheiser EH150's which served me well for nearly 4 years! Despite the box of the HD-25SP's promoting them for DJ use, I use them as Monitoring headphones as I'm student studying creative music technology. I find they're great for monitoring due to their overall clarity and frequency range. The bass on these is a bit stronger than the fully featured HD-25 II's (which my friend has) which suggests why the SP's are marketed towards DJ's. However, from listening to both models, the performance is quite similar.
For a pair of headphones for basic listening, they sound superb, with the bass being punchy and strong but not overpowering. The tremble is beautifully clear, and it's easy to listen deep into mixes to pick out all the elements.
The build quality, despite feeling flimsy, I think is actually quite good. The headphones are very light weight, but tough at the same time. With the 2 year guaranty and replaceable parts I think I can expect to have these headphones for quite some time, however the spares seem very expensive.
The only thing that drags these down to 9/10 rather than full marks, is the comfort. The Cheaper HD-25SP's have a much in-superior headband than the HD-25 II's, and the random foam stuck on the underside is a tad tacky and ugly. But the main reason for discomfort is due to the way the cups sit on your ears. But, my friends HD-25's which he's had for a year or so, are much more comfortable, as the foam pads seem to soften after a fair bit of use. It's a bit like wearing in a pair of shoes.

• Sound Quality

• 1 - 6 Months

Time Headphones Owned

• Comfort Level

Skyecity's Response to nickmaymusic's Review

Written on: 10/06/2014

Bro I have just started with music and I am planning to order these headphones.
Its been of great help thanks.