Cadbury Caramel Treasure Egg Review

4.5
From 1 review

TallulahPink's review of Cadbury Caramel Treasure Egg

“The Cadbury Caramel Treasure Eggs easter eggs are a...”

written by TallulahPink on 23/03/2009

Yummy - first and foremost, eco friendly, surprise inside aswell as the lovely egg, price

Packaging, it may be eco friendly but it does make them fragile - be careful or you may end up with a squashed easter egg! Couldn't find them in sainsbury's, I think they only make them in caramel and dairy milk varieties

General Comments
The Cadbury Caramel Treasure Eggs easter eggs are a fantastic treat for easter. The traditional cadbury taste that we know and love encompassed in a fun chocolate egg - and if that isn't enough, once you get inside it there are 2 caramel filled eggs! You can also get them in plain Dairy Milk flavour, but I've only seen these 2 varieties in the shops. They remind me of the old style easter eggs when you used to crack them open and find sweets inside.

These eggs are new for 2009 and what sets them aside from others is that they are the first eco-friendly easter eggs! They are foil wrapped but do not have any outer box or plastic packaging, which is a big plus point for me as I do try to buy products with reduced packaging. They are still very fresh as they are tightly wrapped in foil. I think the only downside to this is that you have to be careful if you buy them from the supermarket as part of your weekly shop because they could end up getting crushed. When I bought mine for my family there were a few on the shelf that were broken but this can happen to any chocolate I suppose - whether boxed or not!

I got mine from asda and I think they do them in tesco, I first looked for them in sainsburys after seeing them in a magazine but couldn't find them in there, maybe they will have them closer to easter? I thought £2 (or 3 for £5) was a good price for a medium sized easter egg.

I've given this product a 9 out of 10 just because it would be nice if they did them in other cadbury varieties but apart from that I think they're a great Easter gift.