Samsung Pixon M8800 Review

• Reception

• Style

jonad724's review of Samsung Pixon M8800

☆☆☆☆☆

“Samsung Pixon M8800: Clunky interface, PIM which...”

Written on: 08/03/2009 by jonad724 (2 reviews written)

Good points? Nope can't think of any

General Comments
Samsung Pixon M8800:
Clunky interface, PIM which truncates all tasks and calendar items to 13 characters, media player which lists tracks in reverse order so live albums for example start with the artist saying goodbye, screen scratches very easily, pc studio interface software crashes after every use, irritating bleep every minute on phone which apparently can't be switched off, handsfree/headphones too long to be used together but headphones to short to be used on their own, other headphones plugged into the handsfree socket don't work properly, file explorer interface is rubbish in my opinion and takes ages to navigate, so many images and ringtones that you can't delete, vibration doesn't always work when my phone rings even if switched on, delete one recurring task and it deletes the lot, all contacts without email addresses get populated with one at random so 87 contacts with same email address, support for Samsung on PC Studio crashing hopeless, I think the text interace is awful to use, create groups in PC Studio and sync to phone but they don't get carried across, deleted all my Outlook tasks and calendar items in one go, inserted events in random dates so my wedding anniversary appears in June (right) August, September and February. Camera difficult to use, it seems you can't switch flash on for example unless you have a degree in applied electronics. I could go on, so I will: collection of widgets in side bar most of which I never use but can't get rid of, dials randon numbers on its own, signal strength on Orange rubbish, touch screen needs the dexterity of a concert pianist so if you have fingers more than 2MM wide you're stuffed, auto lock feature drives me nuts, media player downloads album art displays in once and then doesn't display it all.

upgraded from Orange SPV M5000 because it was too big to lug around especially in summer but I think this is hopeless and all the features I had in the m5000 have gone with 100% more frustration. Unless you're a teenager with no need to use a PIM (that's a personal information manager to you and me) and you don't mind all your music tracks being in reverse order and you can put up with rubbish headphones and handsfree and you have a degree in electronics engineering then this is for you.

• Battery Life

• Orange

Reviewers Network

• 1 - 6 Months

Time Phone Owned

• Screen Quality

• Reception

• Style

Puretoon's Response to jonad724's Review

Written on: 11/08/2009

I found this review very helpful because I couldn't agree more-it a rubbish phone.