Gourmet Burger Kitchen GBK Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

Angels Sin's review of Gourmet Burger Kitchen GBK

“On my first visit to Gourmet Burger Kitchen I went to...”

Written on: 27/02/2009 by Angels Sin (88 reviews written)

Very good food.

Quite a small restaurant.

General Comments
On my first visit to Gourmet Burger Kitchen I went to my local West Hampstead branch. It was a lovely sunny day so the outside eating area was also open.

We ordered a couple of burgers, chips and milkshakes from he friendly waitress. The milkshakes came first. They bring them to you in a huge cold cocktail shaker along with a glass. You get a lot of milkshake, I think over two glasses full, and you'll be pleased about it! They are delicious, maybe the best thing about the place. They're thick, tasty and just how milkshakes should be. You can tell they're made with ice-cream!

We had to wait a short while for our burgers to arrive, but the place was packed and we weren't in a rush so didn't mind. When they came we were in for a surprise! They were huge as were the side portions of chips! We realised one side of chips between us would have been more than enough, and my partner is a big guy - 6'7 with a large appetite!

The burgers were real, hand made (I think) and wonderful. They were made from quality meat, hot and in a soft bun with a salad garnish.

I couldn't finish mine, I probably managed about half and my other half didn't do much better!

The food isn't perhaps the cheapest for a simple burger joint, but I think it's worth the money and you can taste the quality throughout the meal.

• Once a month

How often do you eat here?

• Family-oriented