Borovets, Samokov Hotel Review

sputnik69's review of Borovets, Samokov Hotel

“I took my son to kindergarten at the Samokov which was...”

Written on: 23/02/2009 by sputnik69 (1 review written)

I took my son to kindergarten at the Samokov which was quite a distance from the Olymp but at least a downhill walk. I felt the instructor there was a nightmare and never seemed to smile. I went back to collect my son early on the first day, apparently he had spent most of the day colouring pictures indoors in a room that looked out onto a stone wall. In my opinion the outdoor play area was minimal with a rotating gadget that the children could walk round pushing, it seemed to me like it was similar to a gadget pushed by donkeys to pump water out of the ground. The carer/instructor instantly made my son hate skiing, as she was not encouraging with him as I expected her to be. She seemed off-hand to me. In tears, I complained in resort. The reimbursement seemed a very convoluted affair which left me out of pocket even more and worked in favour of the Bulgarians and I was charged extra for drinks for my son each day on top of what I had already paid. Even when I changed my booking to half days in the Samokov kindergarten my son remained very sad and did not seem to want to return. He is normally an independent and confident little boy.
I thought I was saving by going to Borovets but prices were high in my opinion and by the time I paid for additional private lessons for my son, I may as well have booked a more expensive holiday nearer to home. Even the private instructor did not appear to turn up to teach my son on the last day. We stood about in the cold for 45 mins waiting after I had paid him £30 plus tips on both of the previous two days for 2 hours of tuition.