Dell XPS M170 Review

From 1 review
  • Screen Quality

• Battery Life

Secularian's review of Dell XPS M170

“If you are like me and your laptop has taken the place...”

Written on: 07/01/2009 by Secularian (21 reviews written)

A little old now but still one of the first XPS models from Dell to really set the bench mark for high spec/component laptops for quality gaming, speed and graphics. I don't do much gaming on it but a colleague of mine dropped to his knees before it remarked that it is the mecca for online gaming... I'm sure now, it is no longer, but can still keep its end up.

Battery life has always been an issue for this model as it seems to suck a lot of juice out of its standard issue battery. Dell have upgraded when Li-on started to become more widespread, but even this quality of juice still only manages to sustain them M170 for about 20-30 minutes.

I find myself consistently plugged into the mains and continually fearing the low battery bleep when off it.

General Comments
If you are like me and your laptop has taken the place of a PC/Mac, the M170 can store as much on it as you can dare to. With 2Ghz Centrino processor and standard XP, its all that I really need... for now.

Travelling around with this slab of metal can be tiring, especially if it includes all its ancillaries as well.

I love it. But I'm sure in time netbooks will become the next new thing to replace these monsters.

• Over 1 Year