Vauxhall Omega 2.5 CD Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Guest's review of Vauxhall Omega 2.5 CD

“We purchased our first 2.5 V6 CDX Omega estate for ...”

Written on: 30/12/2008

Comfortable, smooth, roomy, with lots of grunt (well, the first one did have)!

Watch out for the welshman selling a fantastic looking omega, knowing full well that the head gasket was on its way out!

General Comments
We purchased our first 2.5 V6 CDX Omega estate for £900.00. It was a stop gap car but it impressed us so much! It was a bit neglected but ran well and was so comfortable, having full leather and every extra imaginable.

Unfortunately after 18 months it wasn't well and we decided to look for another one.

Well, we found one the same with less miles and it was stunning looking too. It didn't have the leather but was still nice.

The one thing we noticed after picking it up was that it wasn't quite as powerful as our previous car and that slowly go worse!

That and having to constantly fill it up with water gave me a few clues as to the problem.

I now have the dilema of paying out to have the head gasket done or buying a new engine at the cost of £1500.00.

The car cost £1750.00 but if I try to sell it as it is it will be worth nothing.

I believe its rare for this to happen and all the reviews I read about these cars are good.

I suppose its the new engine!

The only other thing wrong with it is that when it rains the passenger side carpets get wet and when its heavy we get a puddle!

Despite all of this, I love these cars. they are perfect for the family and when they go well, they go well!

• 2001

• Practicality

• Reliability

Bago's Comment

Written on: 11/01/2009

As for water on passenger size try cleaning out the drain pipe under the bonnet near the window

Bago's Comment

Written on: 11/01/2009

Try cleaning out the drain hole in the scuttle under the bonnet near the window this is probably blocked causing the wet carpet on passengerside- or it could be the HBV which has failed and is a common fault on omegas