Tom Tom One Europe Review

• Clarity of Instructions

• Map Accuracy

Sony Fan's review of Tom Tom One Europe

“I bought my Tom Tom in a hurry because I found out...”

Written on: 20/12/2008 by Sony Fan (32 reviews written)

Cheap
Covers many countries
Easy to use

Many roads missing in Spain
Slow start-up

General Comments
I bought my Tom Tom in a hurry because I found out that my Sony sat nav didn't cover Spain, despite being a 'Europe' model. I chose the 'One Europe' because it was the cheapest model I could find from a well known brand that covered Spain.

Using it has been a pleasent surprise. It's nice and small, does almost everything I expect of it and a few things I didn't.

The voice instructions are clear, but I did find a couple of occaisions when it failed to deliver an instruction on-time, or at all. The on-screen instructions have always been spot-on though.

Speed limit warnings were very handy, especially when travelling on unfamiliar roads.

The biggest drawback I found was that the mapping software didn't cover many of the newer roads in Spain, including the development where I was actually staying whilst on holiday.

The only other complaint I have is that it takes a long time to respond to the ON/OFF button, which has lead me to think that the battery was flat when it wasn't on a couple of occaisions.

Overall, I'm pleased that such a cheap sat nav does such a competent job so I'm very glad that I didn't spend more on a high-end model.

• Western Europe

Area Covered

• Speed limits and camera locations

What extra features are on this model?

• Clarity of Instructions