Cadbury Heroes Review

AngryShopper's review of Cadbury Heroes

“We were bought a tin of Cadbury Heroes as a treat. My...”

Written on: 19/12/2008 by AngryShopper (21 reviews written)

Robust tin
Still a few favourites

The removal of mini picnic bars
The removal of mini crunchy bars
The removal of twirl bars
I feel this selection is now bad value for money

General Comments
We were bought a tin of Cadbury Heroes as a treat. My mother knows that her grandson loves these sweets. He was so disappointed to find that the sweets he liked most weren't inside the tin. The picnics, crunchies and twirls had been replaced with dark chocolate Bournevilles and toffee eclairs.

These changes got an immediate thumbs down from my son, and from me. We won't be buying Heroes again.

I don't know what Cadbury's is up to but they've just upset a young boy, his parents and his grandmother. This tin of sweets, with far too many dark chocolates that kids don't like, isn't going to be anyone's favourite Christmas treat. I would recommend Roses and Quality Street but Cadbury's Heroes is a sad loss in my opinion. The company should hang its head in shame for this pathetic product.

Angryshopper's Response to AngryShopper's Review

Written on: 24/12/2008

I complained direct to Cadburys. Here's the reply.<br/><br/>--------------------------------------------------------------------------<br/>Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding our Miniature Heroes Assortment.<br/><br/>I can confirm that we have taken the decision to remove the Picnic, Time Out, Dream and Crunchie units in this Assortment. <br/><br/>The confectionery market is ever changing and as a trading company within the industry we have to adapt to market pressures and commitments. To do this successfully we employ specialist agencies who work on our behalf to sample and question members of the public to their individual preferences. Market research has led us to adapt the assortment for Miniature Heroes to appeal to a larger market. Regrettably this also means that those who had a preference for these units may now be disappointed.<br/><br/>We always welcome feedback from our consumers and I have passed your comments onto our Marketing Department for their information.<br/><br/>Once again thank you for taking the trouble to contact us.<br/>Cadbury Consumer Relations Department<br/>--------------------------------------------------------------------------<br/><br/>I take that as a polite way of telling me to go away. I will and I won't be bothering to buy this product ever again. <br/>