BT Calypso 225 Review

Mabelzoom's review of BT Calypso 225

☆☆☆☆☆

“Don't bother wasting your money on a BT Calypso 225....”

Written on: 06/12/2008 by Mabelzoom (1 review written)

None!!! I have the Calypso 225 Quad and purchased it direct from BT a couple of years ago after reading their blurb. It appeared to provide everything I wanted, an answerphone, 4 handsets that just plugged in and I could even copy numbers from my Sim card.

Everything about it.

General Comments
Don't bother wasting your money on a BT Calypso 225. It will make strange (and sometimes loud) noises at any time of the day or night that can go on and on for several minutes - almost sounds like aliens trying to get in touch! The battery life is appalling and I have yet to find replacements. The handsets will just switch off as soon as you try to answer a call. We are now down to one of the 4 handsets that will work for calls and answerphone messages, even the one handset that was recently replaced has died on us. After spending over £200 on this set of phones I have tried to stick with it, but I think I will have to give up and try another manufacturer.

441702_Peplo's Response to Mabelzoom's Review

Written on: 18/02/2009

I absolutely agree. I have the BT Calypso twin and it exhibits the same 'wierd noise' symptoms, battery life is awful so much that if someone has left a voice message and I try to play the message - the phone dies. Very very poor quality