Mizuno MP-33 Review

Guest's review of Mizuno MP-33

“Having taken up golf a few years ago, starting out...”

Written on: 03/12/2008

Having taken up golf a few years ago, starting out with a set of 15yr old Ben Sayer's early part cavity backs, then last year progressing on to a set of TaylorMade RAC LT II I thought that would be it. I play sadly no more than a dozen times a year, nevertheless love the game and have a good swing. Having admired Mizuno irons generally, and adore the look of their blades, I have managed to pick up a set of used MP33's for the princely sum of £77! Stiff flex. I thought, well, for that money, worth having if only to look at. Early days, and been to the range twice. All I can say is after the first 6 horrible shots I thought I had made a mistake. But as it has been mentioned here, the feedback actually does get you to think about the shot and swing. A dozen more balls and I was hitting them fine. I cannot wait to get out on the course. They feel sweet, look great behind the ball, and I feel they will truely inprove my game. I will admit to having a handicap in the range of 18-22 if I am being truthful. So far they appear to give a little bit extra distance over the TalyorMade cavities, but the importmant thing is the feel. I can only recommend them wholeheartedly.