SanDisk Sansa E270 6GB Review

From 1 review

Guest's review of SanDisk Sansa E270 6GB

“This unit seems to be only functional on about 1/3 of...”

Written on: 02/12/2008

The FM radio and the prerecorded music sounded good and the display was pleasing to the eye and easy to read.

I received no manual or driver software it seems. Windows Vista Premium could not find a driver for the unit and I have NOT been able to find one on the internet to download... even at the SanDisk support.

One of the main reasons that I got this unit was to make voice recordings but sitting about 6 feet from a playing radio the sound could barely be detected after a recording and hardly discernible.. Appears that to be usable at all, it will need to be copied to the PC and then amplified to a normal level to be heard... if I can ever find a driver for it. Probably will return this if I cannot find a driver in a week or so.

This unit only has 2 volume settings and not much difference between the two and so there is not much flexibility, but for normal hearing the sound level was clear and adequate.

General Comments
This unit seems to be only functional on about 1/3 of its advertised specifications for me, and I am not recommending it to anyone... unless you already have a working driver on your PC for it.