Jessops Review

1.5
  • Quality of service

• Layout of shop

jnicolson's review of Jessops

“I bought a Fujitsu Siemans laptop from Jessops...”

written by jnicolson on 27/11/2008

Good range of products

Unhelpful customer service generally, and especially when you complain about 3 shoddy repairs on laptop nearly causing a fire in your home...

General Comments
I bought a Fujitsu Siemans laptop from Jessops Edinburgh on 18/03/2006. The laptop never functioned properly from purchase. Jessops would not deal with it as far as I am concerned, and referred me to Fujitsu Siemans for servicing 3/2007. After the 1st service the laptop still had the same faults, froze, and reverted to the French Alphabet randomly. After the 2nd service the laptop was noisy, overheating, and the screen was red on startup. I cut the power, and phoned Fujitsu Siemans again. I was told ' something has been left inside by mistake' 'just pack it up now, don't use it' ' .After the 3rd service the laptop was returned outside its years guarantee with the same faults. Meantime I used my home PC and had to purchase a reliable laptop elsewhere. 9/2008 I switched on the Fujitsu laptop. After startup the screws and components could be seen as the screen turned black. There was a burning smell. I cut the power. Fortunately I had not left the room, and was able to deal with it.. I complained 'Sale of Goods Act'. Jessops letter... average lifespan of a laptop 60 months, divide £1199.99 by 60 = £19.99 x 26 months usage = £520.00 = partial refund of £679.99. Laptop to be collected, then payment by cheque. I contacted Barclaycard for a refund of £1199.99 since I have Fujitsu Siemans 3 service reports, and an independent PC engineers report stating the motherboard was always faulty. Components were replaced , on each service, the laptop was further damaged due to their error on the 2nd service, damaged components changed again, then the laptop was returned to me, posing a fire risk in my home. The Laptop involved Fujitsu Siemans AMILO M3438G / BU M3438G/ PM 760.

• Fugitsu Siemans laptop £1199

• Layout of shop