James Patterson, Cross Country Review

Guest's review of James Patterson, Cross Country

“I liked the international aspect of the book. However,...”

Written on: 23/11/2008

I liked the international aspect of the book. However, this is not the Alex Cross we see in the other books. Half the time i felt like i wasn't even reading a Cross book. Also I hate how serial killer mystery books take for ever with the "Leading up to" section of the book then hurry through the "Answers and revelations" section of the book. That is essentially how the book went. Also it hardly mentions that he is a psychologist and he does little to address the psychological factor that plays in with the serial killer. He uses none of it to try and find him or get inside his head. I think it only mentions his psychological background once, and only once is he referred to as "Dr. Cross". So to conclude my rant, why in holy hell was this book not about Kyle Craig!? I was so excited for the Cross/Craig show down. I know that he wanted to build suspense, but come on. Kyle was only mentioned in one sentence in the middle, then makes a surprise "appearance" at the end paragraph. Overall I was expecting much more from my favorite Action/Thriller/Mystery book.

• Hardback