Princess Cruises, Ruby Princess, Western Caribbean Review

• Food - quality & variety

• Entertainment on board

Donald Goodrich's review of Princess Cruises, Ruby Princess, Western Caribbean

“Getting back to the steaks I ordered a rare New York...”

Written on: 20/11/2008 by Donald Goodrich (1 review written)

The crew is new and went out of their way to try to make things run well.

Unless you are eating in the specialty spots the main dining room food was a disaster. Someone needs to teach the cooks how a steak should be, also there was too much repetition in items offered for dinner. Pork roast 3days, roast turkey. This is the first cruise I think I lost weight on. The bacon and sausage on the morning buffet line were both swimming in grease the eggs were watery, no biscuits and gravy, no grits (didn't matter to me but to 6 others in our party it did).

General Comments
Getting back to the steaks I ordered a rare New York strip got it well sent it back got the next medium sent it back ordered something else. My brother in law ordered medium could have played hockey with it.
The only thing that kept us in the main dining room was the waitress and busboy, they tried to keep us happy and slow I have never seen a Princess kitchen so slow, we sat at 6:00 and were lucky to make the 8:30 shows. One should not have to pay extra to get a meal that meets Princess standards. We have been on Princess 7 times, Carnival 6 tines, NCL 3 times, and RC twice and this is in the running for the bottom tier for us.

• 11-8-08

Date of Cruise