Ikea Review

• Quality of service

• Layout of shop

rommer678's review of Ikea

“This is my first experience of Ikea and it has been a...”

Written on: 10/11/2008 by rommer678 (1 review written)

Smooth delivery, Items very easy to assemble, a huge range

Delivery very expensive

General Comments
This is my first experience of Ikea and it has been a good one. I ordered a desk from them online and within a day I had a delivery date set, sadly this was not the delivery date that the online computer suggested but a week later. This point did not bother me because I had plenty of time to wait around for the item however it is worth remembering that the dates predicted for delivery on the Ikea website is open to speculation, wait until they tell you when to expect the item before you make any plans to be in for the item. Otherwise the delivery service was faultless, regular text messages kept me informed of my delivery date and Ikea rang me the day before to confirm everything, the driver rang me an hour before arrival on the day and the arrival time was between a four hour slot. Faultless and smooth, I am, impressed with this alone.

The quality of the furniture also surprised me. I should imagine that everyone who shops at Ikea knows deep down that they are after a bargain, this item was exactly that. A solid, oak effect desk at a fraction of the price of anywhere else. It was really very easy to assemble and all the pieces were present.

My conclusion is that for me I have had a positive experience. The delivery was very expensive but the service was excellent. Even with the delivery on top I have saved time hassle and travel on purchasing an item that has not cost the earth but is more than exceptable for its use.

Kit