BT Calypso 225 Review

nickolab's review of BT Calypso 225

“I brought this BT Calypso 225 phone after having the...”

Written on: 07/11/2008 by nickolab (1 review written)

Looks good, answerphone playback from handset, sim card reader, easy to read missed calls.

Battery life, battery charger, small keys, volume.

General Comments
I brought this BT Calypso 225 phone after having the elder version previously. With a double handset....the second of which needn't be plugged into a phone line, just an electrical socket....it seemed just the job. In actual fact, nothing has worked right with the phone from day one. It was correctly charged before using, and still the battery life is way below average. I have purchased more rechargeable batteries at a cost of a quarter of the phone itself. These I give a good charge fro their own charger before use. Talk time is low.....a loud battery low warning would nearly deafen you. The answerphone has a life of its own. More often than not I get a 'not available' talk bubble and cant retrieve my messages. Other days it will play, but by then they are not worth listening to.

I am only waiting for it to die a complete death before I lash out on another one........from any manufacturer but BT.

If you are considering buying this phone, then my advice would be to read a few reviews beforehand and buy anything but the BT Calypso 225.