VW T25 Campervan Review

Oz Wanderer's review of VW T25 Campervan

“Comfort and space - my 20 year old Westfalia pop-top...”

Written on: 07/11/2008 by Oz Wanderer (1 review written)

Poor rear visibility. Low-slung grey water tank limits otherwise excellent ground clearance.

General Comments
Comfort and space - my 20 year old Westfalia pop-top camper layout as good as it gets in design and quality. Has a style (much admired) lacking in newer vans. 1.6 TDI motor quiet, reliable, economical (30+mpg) and strong enough for most. Robust build, good ride, excellent driving position. Unlike larger vans, I can park this one anywhere.
I bought my van in August 2008 and am now touring Europe in it. It looks very compact compared with the monstrous 'mobile homes' you see on most camp sites. If you like a comfortable but simpler approach to touring, a good T25 is hard to beat - and a huge technical improvement over the old splits and bays (cute tho' they are!).
The 1.6 TDI is no tyre-burner, but adequate for touring, even on motorways. Cruises beautifully and very economically at 80kph - which is a good speed if you are sight-seeing along the way.
I fitted extra security mortice locks to all the doors, as the factory locks (like on most vehicles) are rubbish.
Am enjoying it so much, I will probably ship it back to Oz when I leave in 2009.

425407_Llamapup's Response to Oz Wanderer's Review

Written on: 15/12/2008

I found this review helpful because it was detailed, descriptive.