National Extension College - Pre July 2010 Review

jonny1001's review of National Extension College - Pre July 2010

☆☆☆☆☆

“I wish I could say something positive about National...”

Written on: 06/11/2008 by jonny1001 (1 review written)

Absolutely none

General Comments
I wish I could say something positive about National Extension College. The advisors I've dealt with have seemed rude and unhelpful to me. Any assistance I have required from tutors or student services have apparently been met with a bad attitude.

I was keen to get through my A Levels but I have now signed up with another distance learning college from Oxford and finding the experience a million times better. I would not recommend this organisation.

Nec_Student_Support_Team's Response to jonny1001's Review

Written on: 13/09/2011

Dear Jonny101,

I am a member of the student support team at NEC and I am really disappointed to hear that you were not happy with the service that you received from NEC advisors.

NEC is a small not-for-profit organisation and as we rely hugely on word of mouth for business, we take customer service very seriously and ensure that this is a priority at all times. The student support team at NEC consists of four people and Monday-Friday there is always someone within the team to speak to with regards to any course administration queries. We also aim to respond to all email communication within 48 hours.

As well as having a team on hand to answer any administration queries, each A Level subject has it’s own online page containing all course related supplementary information that students might need, including the assignment upload function, popular items to download, an extensive list of FAQs, forums to chat to student support and other NEC students, past papers and accompanying mark schemes etc. We also communicate proactively with students by regularly emailing information specifically relating to their course.

Where tutors are concerned we expect the highest level of professionalism. Tutors are expected to mark and return assignment feedback within 7-10 days and also respond to any queries related to the course content within 72 hours. Tutors are also available to speak to students at regular slots, outlined in their initial welcome letter.

Occasionally, students do not gel with their tutor and we will always be happy to transfer to an alternative tutor. All complaints against tutors are taken very seriously and investigations are always launched in to unsatisfactory experiences.

I would be interested to hear further about your complaint to investigate into this matter and allow us to improve the service we offer.

Kind regards,