Volkswagen Passat 1.9 TDI Sport Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Guest's review of Volkswagen Passat 1.9 TDI Sport

“2005 2.0 litre VW Passat TDI. Far too many problems...”

written by on 21/10/2008

Comfortable.

Reliability.

General Comments
2005 2.0 litre VW Passat TDI. Far too many problems for a £20K car. Been in for this and that software update, significant fuel delivery problems which are ongoing and the main VW dealer sems unable to fix. Very noisy engine and poor road grip despite the huge width tyres that are fitted to my model.

First VW for me and the last. My Alfa 156 was infinetely more reliable and sailed onto 96000 before I sold it. On present performance at 41000 the VW doesn't even come close - that's how bad it is.

• 2005

Year Manufactured

• Practicality

• Reliability

444977_Blue444's Comment

Written on: 02/03/2009

I found this review helpful because...It confirms my problems with a Passat are not an isolated case

Imransaeed's Comment

Written on: 28/05/2010

I agree, I have a Passat 2.0 TFSI 2006, I bought in April 2009 and was perfect until March 2010 when I goy boost problems, VW Gilbert Lawton manchester has had it back and fourth for over a month now and they can't seem to fix it. It's out of warranty now. I'm losing faith in VW bigtime!!!