Kawasaki EN 500 Review

• Build quality

• Reliability

cardinalgrom's review of Kawasaki EN 500

“I own now my second Kawasaki EN500 (1990) having...”

Written on: 09/10/2008 by cardinalgrom (1 review written)

Low seat, comfortable, cheap to run and insure, plenty of available parts, sweet little engine, very powerful at low gears.

Quiet compared to bigger cruisers, smaller than most cruisers.

General Comments
I own now my second Kawasaki EN500 (1990) having previously owned a 1991 model I can safely say that these are my favorite bikes so far out of the 30 or so I have owned over the years, smooth power delivery all through the gear range, a top speed which is pretty fast with your forks so far out in front of you, mechanically pretty good compared to some and cheap enough to get replacements for (the engine is the same as the gpz500) I have a pair of slash cuts on mine which make it sound much more beefier. 2 up its still comfortable and it seems that you don ' t lose any power or cornering ability with two people on. As for the cornering ability with it being such a small cruiser I can really get down on the corners, ive almost worn away the foot pegs! I really do give this bike 9/10 because it ' s a great little beast that maybe the Jack Russell of the cruiser world but bites like an English Bull Terrier! If you buy one you will not be disappointed!

• 1990-1991

Year Manufactured

• 10 Months

Length of ownership

• Build quality

• Reliability

Merlinrocket's Response to 408314_cardinalgrom's Review

Written on: 03/08/2009

I found this review very helpful because...it was comprehensive and fair, and the reviewer obviously had a wealth of experience of other bikes, so was able to make a proper judgment on the bike's comparative worth.

Pete7811's Response to 408314_cardinalgrom's Review

Written on: 28/04/2016

Hi where did get the slash cut pipes for it, do you remember the brand?