Mass Effect Review

• Addiction Level

• Graphics

bobbinus's review of Mass Effect

“Storyline, Dialog, Voice Acting - I loved the...”

Written on: 06/10/2008 by bobbinus (8 reviews written)

Storyline, Dialog, Voice Acting, Artwork

Technical problems on PC, side quests a little dull, and the whole player/squad inventory system is little heavy for my taste, although I guess that's RPG for you.

General Comments
Storyline, Dialog, Voice Acting - I loved the everything about the story. The dialog, body and facial animations are great. The side quests are really just too simple though, and compared to the main story are a little dull and I found after doing a few I didn't bother with anymore. I really think this is the rare kind of game that could be made into a movie based on the main storyline.

The artwork is a joy for me as a sci-fi fan. You need some decent hardware to run it but if you can at least get the settings to med/good it's nice eye candy.

Combat system not great but still quite good. AI a little lacking, but still fun to combine biotic powers with conventional weapons.

Technical problems on PC. I didn't play on xbox360 so can't say about that , but I had many session where I would be crashing to desktop every 20min on average, sometimes completely killing my pc and forcing immediate reset reboot. A real joy killer when you are trying to immerse in the whole experience. Other sessions I played hours of smooth play, and boy what a difference.

Overall I have to highly recommend this game. The crashes are by far the worst element and if you get lucky here you're in for some fun.

• Graphics