HP Color LaserJet 2600n Review

• Print Quality

• Ease of Set Up

scr8pe's review of HP Color LaserJet 2600n

“I bought this as a replacement for the umpteenth ink...”

written by scr8pe on 04/10/2008

Excellent entry level Laser printer

Large footprint for home use

General Comments
I bought this as a replacement for the umpteenth ink jet that were just not man enough for my needs. Although somewhat bigger, heavier and a lot more robust than my inkjets, it has proved to be a brilliant machine for both letters and photos.

My work takes me in and out of many schools and these seem to be in every office. I have spoken to a number of school secretaries who all agree with me that they are excellent value for money, despite being around three times the price of a cheap and nasty inkjets.

Yes, the toner replacements look to be expensive, but I've had the machine 5 months and we are just about down to 50% of the black and around 65% left of each of the other 3. We print quite regularly and average around 30 sheets a week with a mix of text and photos.

It was a doddle to install and runs nicely plugged into the router and allows easy printing from both the laptop and PC via the network.

Despite whats said in previous reviews, I have found that HP does a driver for vista, but I cant verify that it works as I run from XP.

• Ease of Set Up