Christopher Paolini, Brisingr (Inheritance Cycle) Review

Guest's review of Christopher Paolini, Brisingr (Inheritance Cycle)

“Christopher Paolini's Brisingr is full of fluff. I was...”

Written on: 27/09/2008

Christopher Paolini's Brisingr is full of fluff. I was fortunate enough to listen to it instead of read it and thereby able to get other tasks done and I don't need to demand hours of my life back. When Gerard Doyle would change his voice to read certain pointless characters (e.g. the dwarf mother who lived far below the city) I would fast forward until the story would return to slightly less pointless of characters. I enjoyed the first 2 books of this former "Trilogy" because unlike Brisingr, they contain an individual subplot, which not only adds to the series but also allows them to be enjoyed separately of the others. This book progresses the series in only a few areas, and of those areas most were so obvious going into it that you could skip this book and maybe with a few pages of flashbacks turn this series back into a Trilogy with Eragon, Eldest, and the fourth/final book. If you must read this book, I would recommend reading/listening to an abridge version just before the next one comes out.

• Audio Book