Rover 414i 16V Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

Lawrenma2's review of Rover 414i 16V

“This is my second Rover 400 - It is the 1.4is model,...”

Written on: 24/09/2008 by Lawrenma2 (31 reviews written)

Good looking car, cheap to buy/run, electric windows, power steering, alloy wheels, sporty, front fogs, half leather interior...

Head gasket!

General Comments
This is my second Rover 400 - It is the 1.4is model, which is faster and more luxurious than my previous 1.6i. Really quick at the lights if you're into that sort of thing.
I paid £750 for this car in August and it is truly great in ever way - a real pleasure to drive. Doesn't look like a £750 car either!
Only snag is that a week after I bought it, it developed a head gasket failure resulting in a £450 bill, but the blessing was that the mechanic changed the timing belt for £35 at the same time (since the engine was already in bits), and he serviced it. Since them no problems at all.
Can't wait until my wife passes her test so we can go Rover hunting again!

• 1999

Year Manufactured

• Practicality

• Reliability

Mandy1967's Response to Lawrenma2's Review

Written on: 24/09/2008

I love this car - It is true that it's incredible.