Volkswagen Polo 1.4TDI Review

• Performance

• Practicality

• Reliability

emmahob's review of Volkswagen Polo 1.4TDI

“I'd advise anyone to try out the new polo match that I...”

Written on: 09/09/2008 by emmahob (1 review written)

Quality of drive
Lots of space inside
Kick of the turbo.
Only £35 to tax for a year.
Feul is every lasting.

Perhaps the expense.

General Comments
I'd advise anyone to try out the new polo match that I ' ve recently purchased. I got the 3dr VW Polo match hatchback 1.4 tdi diesels in metallic black on a 58 plate.
It looks really good inside and out (even down to the blue dials and leather steering wheel and gear stick) it even has a little sport look too so my boyfriend loves it as well!
The inside is very spacious and comfortable, (the feeling of space is similar to what you ' d feel in a bmw x5) with the best looking black and grey interior to what I ' ve seen Volkswagen do in my opinion.
The only down side is how much it costs (mine came to around £11,500) but when you take into account the low tax, low insurance, low fuel consumption and how it makes you feel to drive it all levels itself out.
Its so sturdy and safe feeling (especially in comparison to my Fiat Punto yr2000 that I had before). It has such a smooth drive and has the boost of the turbo, giving it that sporty edge.
What I ' d advise anyone to do is to go and test drive one and you'll know instantly if it ' s for you or not. A year ago I had a very similar polo as a hire car and have wanted one every since!
It ' s a much understated classic little car and I love mine.

• 2008

• Practicality

• Reliability

Bmw E30's Response to 399676_emmahob's Review

Written on: 24/12/2009

Not sure if £11,500 is worth spending on a polo, when the earlier model around 2001/2002 has the same engine, perks etc for less than half that £££. But each to their own. Vw's do give a nice solid feel compared to other cars, seem compared to the equivalent ford fiesta tdci that suffer huge probs with injector seals the vw is the best bet