HSBC Mini Cash ISA Review

Miteman's review of HSBC Mini Cash ISA

“My wife and I went into the York Branch of HSBC at...”

Written on: 05/09/2008 by Miteman (1 review written)

We found it virtually impossible to find the current interest rates for our cash ISA., and the level of in branch customer service (at least at the York branch) was appalling.

General Comments
My wife and I went into the York Branch of HSBC at 11.00am (04/09/2008) in the hope of discussing our ISA accounts, having given up trying to contact the bank by telephone. We were greeted by at least six members of staff all clutching clipboards and doing very little else, and were told that we could see an adviser if we were prepared to wait at least 50 minutes. I asked if we could book an appointment, and were told that we could, but were advised to stay in the branch and wait as there was the possibilty that we could miss the appointment as appointments are not given for specified times (What!?). We decided to leave and returned an hour later and try again. Guess what! We were informed that there was a waiting time of at least 45 mintes etc. just as before. At this point we left, went to another Building Society, where customer service is better and promptly transferred our ISA accounts to one of their products with no fuss or delay.