Altec Lansing VS4221 2.1 PC Speakers Review

4.5
From 1 review

stevieafcno1's review of Altec Lansing VS4221 2.1 PC Speakers

“After reading numerous good reviews of these Altec...

written by stevieafcno1 on 31/08/2008

Attractively designed system, sounds as good as it looks!! Very good value for the money. Excellent crystal clear treble & well balanced sonic sound, big subwoofer produces good accurate sounding bass, handy sized wireless remote control with adjustable bass, treble, volume, loud, default & power on/off functions, adjustable satelites tilt upwards for best sound if placed below ear level. right satellite has buttons to power on & off and volume control which is useful should you damage, lose or misplace the remote control.

Only 1 which is really minor & not a big deal to me. The remote control sometimes needs several presses before a button will eventually function (nothing to do with the battery dying!) though once you have made all your settings you shouldn't really need to use the remote except maybe for the volume & to power the system on and off.

General Comments
After reading numerous good reviews of these Altec Lansing VS4221 2.1 PC Speakers I recently purchased a 2nd hand set off of eBay as my Creative I-Trigue 3200's subwoofer mysteriously packed up having had very little use. When these arrived (in mint condition) the setup was instant & all the 3 plugs colour coded for easy guidance. Note:for best sound from the 2 satellites, if the speakers are placed below ear level, position them upwards for full & clearer clarity. After moving the speakers around to find their best position I was absolutely amazed at the crystal clear sound quality & stereo imaging listening through my itunes music library. These blow away the I-Trigue 3200's & could even give my Technics hifi separates costing nearly £2000 a decent run for their money. The hifi could seriously become redundant, I kid you not!

As some other reviewers have mentioned, the bass can be very top heavy with the bigger than average subwoofer, but with some tweaking on the remote control you can get a beautiful finely balanced sonic sound with great but not overbearing bass which will easily fill a large sized room let alone a small one. These can go loud, very loud if required. When it comes to listening to music of any genre (I have a very wide taste in music & over 16,000 songs in my itunes library), and for me, great sound quality is a must and these speakers produce a very pleasing & satisfying sound. A well deserved high recommendation!!

• Between 1 - 4 Weeks

Time External Device Owned