Russell Hobbs 13542 Thermocolour 2400W Review

• Durability

• Style

• Service & Support

LiviMum's review of Russell Hobbs 13542 Thermocolour 2400W

“I managed to drop my previous Philips Steam Generator...”

Written on: 25/08/2008 by LiviMum (1 review written)

Being totally honest - none that I can think of.

1 - Iron itself very heavy.
2 - Does not produce constant steam.
3 - You have to purchase water filters - which are only available direct from Russell Hobbs.
4 - The iron changes colour to indicate different temperature - why?? It really has no benefit.
5 - Every time the iron is a different temperature it also beeps (loudly). This could mean it beeps up to a dozen times ironing one item of clothing - SO annoying.
6 - Mine stopped producing steam after approx 5 months and Russell Hobbs customer service has been non-existent.
7 - The level of steam produced for supposedly such a powerful iron is woeful. It is definitely not as effective as my previous 'less powerful' Philips iron.
8 - Steam boost button not responsive - you will wait a minute for steam boost to appear and it will keeping producing it for ages after you have actually finished iron the item. So, the iron is blasting steam out while sitting on the board.

General Comments
I managed to drop my previous Philips Steam Generator and bought this Russell Hobbs 13542 Thermocolour 2400W as a spur of the moment purchase as it was on special offer. I have never regretted a purchase more. There isn't a thing I like about this iron and it stopped working after 5 months. Despite being under manufacturers guarantee it is still not working and I have had to fork out for another iron in the meantime. I am going to save up my pennies and get another Philips one - which was superb. In my opinion don't touch this Russell Hobbs model with a barge pole - I've had such a bad experience I would be reluctant to buy any Russell Hobbs in the future.

• 6 - 12 months

Owned Product For: