Bestway Lay-Z-Spa Hot Tub Spa Review

snowleopard's review of Bestway Lay-Z-Spa Hot Tub Spa

“If you want to have a spa/jacuzzi and can't run to...”

Written on: 17/08/2008 by snowleopard (19 reviews written)

Simple, cheap (compared to other units), easy to set up and put away, portable (if you want to move it around the garden you can), great fun, comfortable and an effective way to relax.

Air supply is quite noisy, inner lid should not be inflated to full extent otherwise it doesn't fit well and water will cool more quickly, apparently pumps are prone to early failure.

General Comments
If you want to have a spa/jacuzzi and can't run to £2000 or more then the Bestway Spa is a cheap fun and effective piece of kit. It's easy to use, simple to set up and put away for winter. As with all garden pool equipment you need to maintain the water to a good standard. This can be tricky but you get used to what to do and the quantities of chemicals to be used etc.

The pumps appear to be very prone to early failure, however this could be partly due to water ingress beneath the control panel, so we protect ours during wet weather and spa use.

Do I recommend it? Absolutely yes!

Click here for Amazon Home & Garden products

Goldy30's Response to snowleopard's Review

Written on: 30/08/2008

Hi, could you please advise how you go about protecting your control panel? I am just about to purchase one of these tubs and found your review useful. Many thanks.

Goldy30's Response to snowleopard's Review

Written on: 02/09/2008

Thanks very much. I'll make sure I do that as soon as I start using it. I ordered mine yesterday, so should be delivered tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it!

Snowleopard's Response to snowleopard's Review

Written on: 01/09/2008

Hi, I have a bucket which is just the right size, and I place it upside-down over the pump, which in turn covers the control panel. It keeps all rain, water spill off the panel thus preventing water ingress under the membrane.

Garden on Amazon