Naims.co.uk www.naims.co.uk Review

• Reliability

• Speed Consistency

hem852's review of Naims.co.uk www.naims.co.uk

“I was with Naims for about a year and the service was...”

Written on: 14/08/2008 by hem852 (1 review written)

Tech support is from a human in the uk and usually answered in a polite, helpful and prompt manner

I thought the time taken to fix fault was excessive. Billing is handled by another company Enta and all was well until I left Naims after waiting over a month for a fault to be fixed. Then Enta billed me incorrectly, could not correct the error and asked me to pay more than was due and claim it back. This is ongoing and I feel that Enta really let Naims down in a big way.

General Comments
I was with Naims for about a year and the service was generally very good even if the price is a little high compared to many of the other services available now (I now get phone and Internet for £2 more than I used to pay Naims for just Internet).

I had a major problem getting a fault fixed with the service which took so long to get resolved that I eventually migrated away to a new provider who had the same fault fixed within 2 days of migration. Why Naims couldn't do the same I do not know. I feel they let themselves down badly and lost a long time customer which they are unlikely to ever get back.

What really lets Naims down in my opinion is their billing company Enta. My final invoice was issued for twice the amount due and when I requested they correct this they refused, asking I pay the inflated invoice and apply for a credit later. I said I would not do this but would happily pay the correct amount due, they would not accept this and arranged for my service to be disconnected early. This seems to be ongoing and I'm guessing will be for some time as there is an ongoing dispute over what should be paid for.

I found it was really confusing who I was dealing with when I had an account with Naims. I never really knew whether my account was with Enta, Naims or some other third party. Most of the time I didn't even know who or what company to contact and getting problems with billing resolved proved very frustrating for me. When dealing with the billing people at Enta (who seem to do the all of Naims billing) I found they seemed to be avoiding actually answering the questions I may have put to them.

I feel that Naims could be such a good service but over a month to fix any fault is not acceptable under any circumstances and the actions of their billing company Enta really lets them down. Because of this I would advise to friends, family and my customers to look at all alternatives before considering Naims.

• Reliability

• Speed Consistency

Icanhelp's Response to hem852's Review

Written on: 18/07/2014

Often faults require the customer to carry out some tests locally in order to locate the problem and in turn avoid unnecessary visits by BT engineers, which as many will know are charged for by BT if not necessary. Some ISPs will just request a call out to save them time, knowing if it is not necessary their customer pays the £160 inc VAT.
Although the invoices come from Entanet, if the customer had brought the issue to the attention of Naims customer service they would have sorted the problem out with Entanet. That's what they are there for.