Ocean Drive, Torquay Review

• Quality of service

• Quality of food

nothankyou's review of Ocean Drive, Torquay

“Had a table booked for 4 for 8.30. Told to wait in the...”

written by nothankyou on 11/08/2008

Decor

Service, cost, size of venue, need i go on!

General Comments
Had a table booked for 4 for 8.30. Told to wait in the bar upstairs and make ourselves comfortable. However, the bar area can seemingly only hold about 20 people comfortably and there were at least 30 odd people up there. A menu was finally given to us at 9pm and orders were taken a further 15 mins after that. We were then finally sat at our cramped table and food served at 9.50pm. The steaks were a pound extra due to the increase in prime beef (something we'd never heard of?). One steak was meant to be medium rare, however that appeared more bloodier than my rare. It was also cold in the middle and a disappointing cut. The veg for four of us came in one small side bowl. In my opinion it was not even enough for one. A glass of red wine was ordered but there was no choice, and what came out I can only describe as cheap cooking wine. There was no attempt to apologise for the lateness in seating us and quite frankly I found the service quite abrupt at best. I would not return.

• British

Food Type

• First time

How often do you eat here?

• Suits all