Sinaia, Hotel Palace Review

From 1 review

platinumhill's review of Sinaia, Hotel Palace

“This is to inform the fact when I have stayed at...”

Written on: 11/07/2008 by platinumhill (1 review written)

Terrible experience. No responsible personnel after 6:30

General Comments
This is to inform the fact when I have stayed at Palace Hotel, Sinaia, Romania.

I had a terrible experience of this hotel, and never recommend any body to stay here.

We, 20 members group on a bus arrived at this hotel 4:00 in the afternoon, 7 June, 2008. In front of the entrance, there is no space to unload passenger and luggage, except for a single lane street. The hotel bellboy asked our driver to park the bus 200 meters ahead of the street in the roadside parking stall, and we had to walk 200 meters uphill to the hotel from our bus.

We checked in the room, then went out to visit Sinaia Monastery, and came back to the hotel at 7:00. Surprisingly, all of our members found their luggage not delivered to the rooms yet.

We could not take bath nor change cloths for the dinner reserved at 8:00. 2 young members of our group volunteered to carry up 20 luggage up hill to the hotel.

I tried to make a strong complaint to the hotel management, but, again surprisingly, there were no body responsible for the management on duty after 6:30 evening. There were only 1 girl employee at the desk, 1 bell boy at the door. I didn't want to argue this with employee. I could only make telephone call to the assistant manager at his home to tell my complaints, but there were no ways to recover this failure, already. I could only advise him that, the hotel building should be reformed to make a space in front of entrance, to accommodate cars and buses for loading and unloading passenger and luggage.

The hotel looks classy, but poor in function.

No responsible staff is on duty to overview the management, at evening and night. They have no parking lot for buses and cars. The hot water supply was also poor.

At the dinner in the hotel restaurant, the waiters seemed to be hurrying to finish their work as early as possible, almost forced us to finish our dinner very fast. We had not enough time for conformable conversation,