Khyam Chatsworth Review

• Easy to erect?

• Durability

• Comfort

TedP's review of Khyam Chatsworth

“A truly awful tent. I feel duped out of my money for...”

written by TedP on 07/07/2008

A truly awful tent. I feel duped out of my money for something that wasn't fit for purpose. I bought a Khyam Chatsworth as it can be put up quickly and no delays trying to work out which pole goes where and then feeding it through seams etc. I have to say though that it's a false economy.

I have used my tent twice and both times resulted in a complete failure in the tent. The problems are 2-fold.

1) We experienced leaking along the taped seams even though rainfall was not particularly heavy. I seriously doubt the ability of the weather weave system that Khyam promote.

2) Once the poles are locked into position you suddenly have a large kite structure that once pegged down then transfers a breeze into a stress onto the aluminium poles that start to buckle almost immediately. On 2 occasions we have had the poles fail to the point where we had to leave the campsite and go home. The first time, the pole buckled back on itself and was unusable. The second occasion saw 2 knuckles shear completely. Independent onlookers were amazed at the total lack of ability to cope in what was normal weather for the time of the year.

Khyam's response? Storm damage. My response? I am trying to get the tent independently tested whilst advising readers to save your money if considering a Chatsworth and get a proper tent instead!

• 6

Berth

• Easy to erect?

• Durability

Mandymermaid's Response to TedP's Review

Written on: 28/07/2009

I found this review very helpful because it confirmed my own experience. I am trying to get mine replaced or money back.

Andyb100's Response to TedP's Review

Written on: 24/08/2009

I also purchased a Khyam Chatsworth, used it for the first time and experienced exactly the same problems with water pooling and the pole bending over the bedroom area. This was until I realised I had the pole in the wrong way around! the guying rings must be on the inside facing the tent. When correctly inserted the pole bows outwards and stops any water collecting. I am sure many users must have had this problem as the obvious way to fit the poles is wrong! If you carefully look at the video you will see the pole bows outwards.